Tennessee is one of the few states in America that can remain traditional and modern at the same time, attracting newcomers by the millions each year. The growing music scene is a magnet for young folk, and many families travel each year to check out the Great Smoky Mountains. If you haven’t visited the Volunteer State yet, there are quite a few things that you’ll need to know. Here are five things you always need to have when going to Tennessee:
1. Tennessee is absolutely stunning in terms of natural beauty, but with this beauty comes a hefty price – allergies. In fact, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a local who doesn’t suffer from some form of pollen allergies. If you’re planning your vacation to Tennessee, make sure you come equipped with good allergy medicine that you can take during your trip.
2. If you can only bring one piece of clothing with you to the state, make sure they’re boots. Whether hardy boots or cowboy boots doesn’t matter! Locals not only work hard, but they know how to plan an adventure in the wilderness. To ensure your safety, make sure you’re always wearing boots in the outdoors.
3. Though not rated as one of the worst states to drive in, you’ll still need great car insurance if you’re going to make it in Tennessee. No one claims to be a good driver there, and they certainly won’t live up to your expectations of what it means to be a responsible driver. In some instances, perhaps it makes more sense to rent a car.
4. You definitely need to bring your love of music if you’re going to walk around Tennessee. Nashville is a mecca for country music artists and they’re quite talented if we don’t say so ourselves. There seems to be a constant flow of newcomers looking to make their way as a musician, so you need to have patience and appreciation for the arts.
5. Make sure you also bring your sense of humor and a good sense of direction. Tennesseans are a funny bunch and you’ll soon discover that when you spend some time there. It can be hard to navigate Tennessee as it’s a pretty big state and there are plenty of off the beaten path places that you’ll want to discover for yourself. Just make sure you know how to get directions or have a really good GPS!
Now that you know of some of the top things you need to take with you on your trip to Tennessee, you can plan your vacation there. You’re guaranteed to have fun, get acquainted with local culture, and hone your music skills in the process!